Thursday, September 20, 2012
We all look forward to some time off and next weekend provides the perfect opportunity to have a look at some great properties in the Hawkesbury whilst enjoying this fabulous spring weather.
We know that it can be difficult to get around and look at everything so why not make the most of the extra day off and come to the open homes we have scheduled. Go to www.irisproperty.com.au for details.
Whether you are in the market for land, rural properties, townhouses, family homes or investment properties we have it.
Call today to see how we can help you find the perfect place.
Call 02 45677254
Friday, September 14, 2012
If you are looking for great things to see and do over the next few weekends look no further than the Hawkesbury region.
There is so much on at the moment that you will be spoiled for choice. We have all our regular fantastic events such as the Hawkesbury Harvest Farmers Markets, fresh produce stalls and cafes along the Bells Line of Rd, fine dining at historic Lochiel Cafe, the village atmosphere of Kurrajong and much more.
As an added bonus there are a number of current and upcoming events worth marking on your calendar -
* The Mount Tomah Botanic Gardens are hosting their Waratah Festival from 22 Sep - 7 Oct. There are flower displays, guided tours of the gardens, plant sales, growing advice and art displays. All of this comes with free entry and makes for a great day out.
* There are plenty of galleries open with new exhibitions available. The Hawkesbury Regional Gallery, located in Windsor, is currently showing contemporary printmaking till 14 October. The Purple Moon Gallery at Freemans Reach has works by indigenous artists and Sassafras Creek in Kurrajong has two new exhibitions scheduled for the next couple of months which are definitely worth a look.
* If music is more your thing then check out the Sydney Blues and Roots Festival being held in the Hawkesbury from 25 - 28 Oct featuring great artists such as Lanie Lane, Mia Dyson and Chase the sun.
* For sports lovers why not come along to one of the race days at the Hawkesbury Race Club or have a look at the Windsor Spring Carnival of the Windsor Polo Club being held on 23 Sep.
There is so much to do and so much to enjoy. Now you can see why we love it here.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Spring is here and with the warming of the weather comes a rise in real estate activity.
People are happier to be out and about looking at property when the sun is shining and homes are looking their best so if you're in the market to sell your home why not look at our handy tips to getting your home primped and ready for action.
1. Give everything a good spring clean - make sure windows are sparkling and your home is clutter free.
2. This is the perfect time to spruce up the garden. Clean garden paths and outdoor entertaining areas. Mulch garden beds and mow lawns. Think about planting some annuals for spring/summer colour and appeal.
3. Talk to us about a market appraisal and free consultation where we can guide you about ways to improve the saleability of your home. Small improvements can make all the difference and mean extra dollars in your pocket. Invest an hour with us and reap the benefits.
Sunday, August 12, 2012
The Hawkesbury region was one of the first colonial settlements with landholders arriving in 1789. By 1794 the farming and agricultural aspect of the Hawkesbury was underway with settlers being allocated 30 acre lots in order to feed the colony. To this day the area is known as one of the richest food basins in NSW.
The town of Windsor is well known for it's historic buildings - The Macquarie Arms Hotel (1815), St Matthews Catholic Church (1840), Windsor Court House (1822) , St Matthews Anglican Church (1817) and Thompson Square are all monuments to the regions past. There are many original homes, many from the 1840's, which are lovingly lived in to this day.
The Hawkesbury Regional Gallery and Library, located in Windsor, is a great source of information for those interested in the history of the region.
In the neighbouring towns of Pitt Town, Kurrajong, Richmond, Ebenezer, Wilberforce and Rouse Hill there are plenty of examples of historic homes and buildings to delight any enthusiast.
The Hawkesbury Historical Society is a treasure trove of information and regularly runs information nights and re-enactment days. Tel 02 723007 for more information.
iRIS Property 02 45677254 www.irisproperty.com.au
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
It's been a busy day at iRIS Property. Plenty of enquiries, some fantastic new listings - watch out for upcoming newsletters to be the first to hear of these great homes on offer - and one of the most enjoyable parts of our job ... settlements !
We are heading out this afternoon to deliver keys and champagne to our excited purchasers. It's fantastic to have been able to help people secure a home, increase their wealth and security and to watch them start out on a new leg of their journey. We wish them all well and hope that they enjoy their new homes.
Another great aspect of today is knowing that our vendors, who have been caught up in the often challenging task of having a home on the market, can now bank their cheques and get moving on finding their next home, hopefully after having a well earned rest for a little while.
We thank you for trusting us to help you with these life changing transactions and look forward to working with you again soon.
iRIS Property www.irisproperty.com.au
tel 02 45677254
Monday, August 6, 2012
Get your finances in order.
Before you even begin to look at investment opportunities it is important to determine how much you are able to borrow, how much it's going to cost and if you can afford it. This may seem like basic information but it's important to get your ducks in a row so you know what is in your price range and you don't waste time looking at properties you simply cant afford.
This process usually starts by speaking to a mortgage broker. Not only are they typically best placed to suggest how much debt you have access to, they can often also secure you the best terms for your finance and structure the debt in a way which saves you money in the long run and optimises your tax breaks.
Get us involved from the start.
Real estate agents 'live and breathe' property - building and maintaining a relationship with an expert agent can often be of more benefit to you than you first thought. We have been doing this for a long time and we want you to take advantage of our expertise.
Once we know what you're looking for we can act on that information and let you know about great properties as they arise. This process often sees investors snap up investments efficiently and at competitive prices.
Get while the getting's good
Just like any sort of investment, property investors try to secure assets while markets are down in order to make great returns as markets recover.
We have plenty of well priced, good quality properties available and investors are currently in a good position to secure relatively cheap finance with more interest rate cuts likely.
These factors combined with Australia's strong economic situation and "ready to lend" banks provide for fantastic opportunities for financial growth and security.
Location, Location, Location
While a landlord can renovate a house to make it more attractive to tenants, the house itself can never be moved - making the 'location, location, location' adage as true today as it ever was.
Proximity to schools, transport and shopping centers are all key factors to consider when chosing your investment property.
Call us today to see how we can help you create a secure and strong financial future.
iRIS Property - www.irisproperty.com.au
Tel : 02 45677254