Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Simple ways to improve the value of your home
Getting top price for your property is the aim of the game.
Follow these simple but effective tips to increase the value of your home and improve your chances of a quick sale at a great price.
* Update your entranceway - paint the front door, clean pathways, ensure easy access and tidy front gardens.
* Make sure paintwork is fresh and clean. No-one wants to buy a house if the first task is having to repaint. Make your home appealing to buyers.
* Have carpets professioanlly cleaned. If you have floorboards make sure they are in great condition - they can be a fantastic sale feature - resand and seal if necessary or just clean and polish.
* Consider updating the kitchen if necessary by painting or replacing cupboard doors, handles and benchtop. This can cost as little as a few hundred dollars but can make all the difference to your homes saleability.
* Clean your windows! This simple task can change the whole feel of your home letting in light and giving the impression of a well maintained home. Consider removing or replacing old curtains or blinds as needed.
* Revamp your bathroom by replacing toliet seats and tapware. Clean away all signs of mould or damp and consider using products like grout pens to freshen up tiling. Stock your bathrooms with fresh towels for a co-ordinated and fresh look.
* Tidy your garden, wash paths, remove rubbish and ensure that your garden is free of pet mess.
If you don't feel you have the time or skills for these tasks why not investigate getting in some handyman help. It could prove to be one of the best investments you can make in selling your home.